Taper bush suitable for pulleys and sprockets 40mm Bore
Taper bushes are the most convenient and cost effective method of fixing components to a mating shaft without using any special tools
Bore dia: 40mm
Keyway width: 12mm
Keyway depth: 3.3mm
Shallow keyway depth: -
Screw tightening torque (Nm): 115
Screw size (BSW): 1/2 inch, hex, socket size: 10mm
Large end dia: 127mm
Bush length: 63.5mm
1. Clean shaft, bore and outside of bush, and bore of hub. Remove any oil, laquer or dirt, Place bush in hub and match half holes to make complete holes (each complete hole will be threaded on one side only).
2. Lightly oil thread and point of set screws, or thread and under head of cap screws. Place screws loosely in holes that are threaded on hub side.
3. Make sure bush is free in hub. slip assembly onto shaft and locate in the desired position.
4. Tighten screws alternately and evenly until all are pulled up tightly
5. Hammer against large end of bush using hammer and block or sleeve to avoid damage. Screws can now be turned a little more to the specified torque setting. repeat this alternate hammering and screw re-tightening until the specified torque is reached. Fill all holes with grease to exclude dirt.
1. Remove all screws. Lightly oil thread and point of set screws, or thread and under head of cap screws.
2. Insert screws into removed holes that are threaded on the bush side. In sizes where washers are found under screw heads, be sure to use the washers.
3. Tighten screws alternately until bush is loosened in the hub and then remove the complete assembly. If bush does not loosen immediately, tap on hub.
|Dimensions - d (inside diameter)||40mm|